Monday, August 31, 2020

Assessment and Evaluation of Teaching

In order to demonstrate the assessment and evaluation of my teaching, I have first included images of the TIPs (Teaching Improvement Plans) I did after re-watching the Zoom recordings of two of my classes. Since I had not had my class recorded until after remote teaching started late in the 2020 school year, the person who was to have recorded for me instead viewed the Zoom classes as well, and consulted with me. Her name is on the TIPs.

Next are the observations of my teaching, done by Jenny Ceciliano, coordinator of first year Spanish at PSU, during my first semester of teaching as a GTA. The excel sheets contain her observations and my reflections on them, and there is also a summary of one of the observations. I’ve also included a reflection I wrote on a later observation, during my second year.

Finally, I included photos of the surveys that students wrote at the end of my first semester teaching, which I felt was a more authentic representation than typing them up, because that way, you see the direct communication between student and department. The student evaluations and the observations are how GTAs are assessed during the graduate program, and I think both give the teacher a clear picture of what she is doing right, and where she can improve. I know that both were very helpful to me.


None of the following evaluations were for grade value.


Artifacts:


Teaching Improvement Plans after VTCs


Observation by coordinator

Observation Summary